Thursday, June 21, 2012

MOOOOOveee....

So today was officially day 1 of training. What a GREAT group! Eager, and ver excited to learn. Now if the class can send some of these vibes to my newbies class in Omaha in September, I'd be one happy trainer! My driver took me to get wine after work, which was a stand by the side of the road. It cost 800 rupees for top shelf bottle. That's about $14. My hotel likes to really over charge,but that...'s the price you have to pay for staying in a five star hotel,literally. On the way to the wine stand, I saw 4 cows walking down the street, just confirming that because they are sacred here, they do whatever they want. It looked like steak to me, but I digress.

I got to experience rush hour traffic, which is scarier than "normal" traffic, and my driver, Mohan, just laughed at m y facial expressions. He told me he was my security, and nothing bad will happen. He even went up to the wine stand with me to ensure I didn't get overcharged. It's a bit ironic being that he is about four feet tall.

I confirmed that the mall next to my hotel is the biggest mall in Delhi, and there is a diesel store there. I will be buying it out by the end of the trip. One thing I am not a fan of is that the liquor tax here is 15%, but standard tipping is 8-10%. it's Fun to watch my servers face when I tip 20%, but I'm slowly going broke due to my booze habit. Less hotel wine, more roadside stand wine, I suppose. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment